Saturday, 11 August 2007

Lesson 5: I Am - 'Your Am Nots'

Hi, I'm back again! Today I move on to Lesson 5 of the I Am bible study titled "I Am - Your Am Nots". Isn't that a great title? I love it. Praise God for He is able and more than willing to be our am-nots.

1. Have you ever found yourself 'in faith' yet bewildered or demoralized?
Yes, most recently I went through this just last year wondering what happened to my faith. I was too busy, stressed and tired after the birth of my second child. Managing a newborn and a toddler was too exhausting. When things got better/managable I was still feeling low and demoralized wondering if it was a mistake to stay home and take care of my kids. It didn't help that number one was throwing major tantrums and began waking up in the middle of the night. I felt like a "failed" mommy and a "failed" child of God as I wasn't walking with Him. I hardly prayed and when I did it was "Help me God" kind of thing. Yet I knew He was still watching over me but I felt far from Him.

2. Do you consider yourself content? Would you describe it as Decidedly Content or Dreamily Content?
Decidedly content but by grace of God moving a little towards Dreamily Content.

3. If you are not content, are there circumstances that keep you from this feeling?
N.A. at the moment. Wow, that's how far I've come this year. I started this year praying for God to help me love Him again (like I once used to).

4. Have you ever found yourself in a place where you looked back on a period of your Christian walk and believed a great opportunity passed you by?
Hmm... I can look back to a period where my faith was really strong. I loved God so much and was just living in His grace daily. I was literally basking in Him and I saw things so differently. That was when I first REALLY knew what it meant to accept His love. That was "the" height of my Christian walk but I can't really say I missed a great opportunity then because I took many steps of faith in serving Him then. I'm saddened that I'm not as zealous but I do believe I'm in a different season and a different place.

5. Do you ever believe your faith was stronger in an earlier time in your Christianity and find yourself floundering now?
Yes. Read the above.

6. Can you recognize that this season may be one of great preparation instead of a period of "I Was"?
Yes, after reading Moses and going through this bible study I'm reminded that with Him all things work for good (Rom 8:28).

P/S: I actually only posted this today - 30 Aug 2007 but for some strange reason the date above says otherwise. Perhaps it's because I tried to writing this on 11th but stopped and saved it as a draft then and only came back to it today. ANYway... just for the record.

1 comment:

Heather C said...

I heard it said once that BUSY stood for Being Under Satan's Yoke.

How the enemy loves to distract us with life in an effort to take our eyes off our Savior. I'm rejoicing that you are seeking Him now. Don't beat yourself up over the past... but look to the future, with your eyes fixed on Him, the author and perfector of your faith. :) He IS faithful!

Heather