Friday, 3 August 2007

"When Life Doesn't Work Out Like You Planned" Part 2

God's timing is really amazing. I'm actually more than 2 months behind in this online bible study simply because I've only just found it. BUT the timing in which I do each lesson is just perfect. The exact word I need to hear at the exact time. How wonderful is God?

(Click on icon to go to Lesson 4: When Life Doesn't Work Out Like You Planned, Part 2)


My latest NLIP (Not Like I Planned) is having to bring my four year old son to a speech therapist for evaluation. A few weeks ago we met his nursery teacher and she recommended this course of action. We've noticed his delay and was concerned a while ago but decided to wait and see especially since he has shown marked improvements in the last 2 months. So to hear it formally from his class teacher was quite unexpected and a NLIP.

I was quite perturbed and disappointed. I'm afraid that my son may be labelled "different" and it scared me. I started wondering if he'd have a hard time in school and life in future. However in God's wonderful time I came across the verse 2 Cor 9:8 assuring me that God will provide me with all I need in every situation. Then this study to remind me to have faith in Him.

So the storm in me is calm now even as we'll be meeting the speech therapist in two days time. I'll probably post about the session on my main blog. So go there to check out the outcome at the end of this week.

2 comments:

Rmomof3 said...

I am currently a stay at homer. But I have a master's degree in Speech Path. You will be better off doing this now, for the earlier you address any possible issues the better. I know it is a tough thing to accept, but your child will NOT be labeled. In fact, if you desire you will not have to address any speech issues in the educational realm - you can opt for after school private practice speech therapy services - of course depending on your insurance it may be a more costly route to go! Hopefully this helped. Feel free to contact me - if you want.
Blessings!
Renee

Mommy-fied said...

Yes renee, your comment has helped and ease my mind somewhat. I've scheduled my son for hearing test in 2 wks time. I'm more optimistic about the whole thing now. Tks for dropping by and writing. I've been blessed.