Friday, 27 July 2007

'When Life Doesn't Work Out Like You Planned' Part 1

It's lesson time for me again - Lesson 3 - "When Life Doesn't Work Out Like You Planned" Part 1.



It was stated in the Lesson that God has made you "once, twice, three times a lady." Where are you in this progression? Obviously we have all been physically born, but are you 'twice a lady'? Have you been born again spiritually?
Yes I have born again spiritually. I accepted Christ at 13 years of age a LONG time ago! Straight away I was a fervent Christian but I think along the way I had misconceptions of God's love. I had a more legalistic view and without knowing was striving to merit His love and acceptance by works. It was only in when I was 21 that I finally understood the meaning of God's grace and accepting His unconditional love. I went through some personal wilderness, was a mild case of "prodigal daughter" before I came to that realisation.

Are you three times a lady? Has God given you a stirring deep within your Spirit to be a 'deliverer'? Do you have a desire or are you already meeting a need in the life of the church, a particular ministry (such as jail ministry, food ministry, etc.) or perhaps individuals who share common issues?
I can't quite answer this just yet. It seems that God is stirring something in me very very recently esp since I started this bible study and reading some devotional material. I have vague impressions here and there but need more time to know. Just like Moses had that stirring at 40, I feel that God is only starting to stir me now and very much through this bible study. I believe He led me here.

Do you ever get tired of waiting for that opportunity to do something
worthwhile for God? Do you ever feel God is using someone else instead of you?

Yes for a while now. But that is changing, this bible study has renewed my spirit and I'm singing "I have a destiny I know I shall fulfill. I have a destiny in that city on a hill. I have a destiny. It's not an empty wish for I know I was born for such a time as this."

What do you consider 'worthwhile ministry'? Are you like me and sometimes find yourself mistakenly thinking it has to be Big to be Important?
I'm very like you and have to keep reminding myself otherwise.

Have you ever taken a spiritual gifts test? If yes, what are yours? If no, here's a good one from Ephesians 4 Ministry. Will you take it and come back with a response?
I took the test at Ephesians 4 Ministry and apparently my no.1 dominant gift is showing mercy and no.2 is pastoring/sheperding.

No comments: